U.S. Federal Transit Administration: Low or No Emission Vehicle Program
Deadline: April 12, 2021
Amount: Varies. NOFO example: In FY2020, the largest amount awarded to a single applicant was approximately $7 million.
Match: All eligible expenses under the Low-No Program are attributable to compliance with the Clean Air Act and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act. Therefore, the Federal share of the cost of leasing or purchasing a transit bus is not to exceed 85 percent of the total transit bus cost. The federal share in the cost of leasing or acquiring low- or no-emission bus-related equipment and facilities is 90 percent of the net project cost.
Eligibility: States; local governmental authorities; and Indian Tribes
Summary: The Low or No Emission competitive program provides funding to state and local governmental authorities for the purchase or lease of zero-emission and low-emission transit buses as well as acquisition, construction, and leasing of required supporting facilities.
Eligible projects include:
· purchasing or leasing low- or no-emission buses
· acquiring low- or no-emission buses with a leased power source
· constructing or leasing facilities and related equipment (including intelligent technology and software) for low- or no-emission buses
· constructing new public transportation facilities to accommodate low- or no-emission buses
· rehabilitating or improving existing public transportation facilities to accommodate low- or no-emission buses
If you would like California Consulting to write this application for you, please call our Southern California Office at 323-728-9002.