California Consulting is pleased to announce the US Department of Transportation: FY 2017 FASTLANE Grant Program
US Department of Transportation: FY 2017 FASTLANE Grant Program
Deadline: December 15, 2016
Amount: Varies. $850 Million allocated to program for FY 2017
Eligibility: States; metropolitan planning organizations (serving urbanized areas of more than 200,000 individuals); units of local government; political subdivisions of State or local governments; special purpose districts or public authorities with a transportation function; Federal land management agency that applies jointly with a State or group of States; a tribal government or a consortium of tribal governments; or a multi-State or multi jurisdictional group of public entities.
The FASTLANE program provides dedicated, discretionary funding for projects that address critical freight issues facing our nation’s highways and bridges. Eligible projects include the following:
- a highway freight project carried out on the National Highway Freight Network (23 U.S.C. 167)
- a highway or bridge project carried out on the National Highway System (NHS) including projects that add capacity on the Interstate System to improve mobility or projects in a national scenic area
- a railway-highway grade crossing or grade separation project; or
- a freight project that is:
1) an intermodal or rail project, or
2) within the boundaries of a public or private freight rail, water (including ports), or intermodal facility, is a surface transportation infrastructure project necessary to facilitate direct intermodal interchange, transfer, or access into or out of the facility, and will significantly improve freight movement on the National Highway Freight Network. For these projects Federal funds can only support project elements that provide public benefits.
If you or your entity is interested in California Consulting writing this application, please call our Southern California Office at (323)728-9002.