California Consulting is pleased to announce the 2017 National School Lunch Program Equipment Assistance Grants. Association of California School Administrators Calsa – California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators California Latino School Boards Association (CLSBA) CSBA
2017 National School Lunch Program Equipment Assistance Grants
Eligible Applicants: local educational agencies
Required Eligibility Criteria: Public school districts, county offices of education, directly funded charter schools, private schools, and residential child care institutions that participate in the NSLP can apply for this grant. The Nutrition Services Division (NSD) will give priority to those sites that did not receive funds from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestments Act (ARRA) grants or the 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016 NSLP equipment grants. The NSD may consider SFAs with excess net cash resources (NCR) to be ineligible to receive an equipment grant. In accordance with Title 7, <i>Code of Federal Regulations</i>, Section 210.14(b), an SFA shall limit its NCR to an amount that does not exceed three month’s average expenditures for its food service account.
Amount: Allocations of $100,000 per School Food Authority (SFA)
Match: None required
Allocation Formula: Recipients will receive 90 percent of the funding at the time of award with the remaining 10 percent awarded upon approval of all invoices.
Description: This grant will allow school food authorities (SFA) to purchase the equipment needed to serve healthier meals, meet the new nutritional standards with an emphasis on more fresh fruit and vegetables, improve food safety, and expand access. It gives priority to those SFAs that are high need and have 50 percent or more enrolled students who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
If you or your entity would like California Consulting to write this application, please contact our Southern California office at (323)728-9002.
Southern California Office
214 Mail Street, Suite 102
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (323) 728-9002
Fax: (323) 728-9010
Central Valley Office
2491 Alluvial Ave.
Clovis CA 93611
520 Capitol Mall
Sacramento CA 95814
Bay Area Office
676 Longridge Road
Oakland, CA 94610