California Consulting is pleased to announce the upcoming funding of Proposition 1.
We have proven success with this grant as during the last cycle as one of our clients was awarded over
$12 million dollars!
California Water Boards will release round 3 imminently, to that purpose, we have compiled a quick summary of the upcoming grant.
California Water Boards: Stormwater Grant Program (SWGP) Proposition 1
Deadline: TBD – Rounds 1 and 2 are closed
Amount: $250,000 to $10 million per applicant
Match: 50% match of total project cost
Eligibility: Public agency, nonprofit organization, public utility, federally recognized Indian tribe, state Indian tribe listed on the Native American Heritage Commission’s Tribal Consultation List, mutual water company, or eligible GSA
The purpose of the program is to improve regional water self-reliance, security, and adapt to the effects on water supply arising from climate change, including measures to:
· Help water infrastructure systems adapt to climate change, including, but not limited to sea-level rise.
· Provide incentives for water agencies throughout each watershed to collaborate in managing the region’s water resources and setting regional priorities for water infrastructure.
· Improve regional water self-reliance consistent with Water Code section 85021.
Only multi-benefit stormwater management projects are eligible for grant funds. Multi-benefits include, but not limited to:
· Increasing water supply
· Increased water conservation, filtration, and treatment of runoff
· Flood management
· Environmental and habitat protection and improvement
· Involves the community and improves community health